Regular Content in 2020
- New Courses on Online Teaching, Special Needs Teaching, Teen Teaching Toolkit, Transfer Students, Adult Teaching, Preparing Students for Jazz Band and more
- Monthly 5-minute Quick Win videos and Creativity Kickstarter downloads
- Member-only Webinars and QnA Sessions
- Member and Expert-led Workshops on a whole variety of business and pedagogy topics including Intermediate Students, teaching Classical Repertoire, Sightreading, Exam Preparation and more
March 2020 (coming soon)
- Addition of a Recommendation Engine to show you other resources you may like based on what you’re viewing. Look out for the “You may also like” section below your content and enjoy exploring!
- Release of our “Course Compass”. We’re currently developing a new progress tracker and assistant to help you navigate the best way to use the membership and to help you decide what to work on and guide you through completion of that task. This is a direct result of member feedback about feeling overwhelmed with all the content and not knowing where to start. The Course Compass will be your guide and mentor as you work through the most important aspects of your studio and teaching development.
- Redevelopment of the Roadmap. We’ve recently realised that the Roadmap has become too big and unwieldy. With our goal of putting everything in there, we’ve put many members off completion because it’s just too hard to manage. With our 2020 motto of keeping things simple, we’ll be redeveloping and massively simplifying this aspect of your membership so that it’s much easier to use, much easier to track and gives you success quickly and easily in your studio.
- Updated Member App. We’ve been working hard on a new release of the free member app for about 6 months (sorry about the delay). We realise that many teachers find this a vital part of their membership and the app has been unstable for sometime. We hope that the new release is much more reliable and helps you find and use what you need as quickly as possible.
- New layout to fit the new TopMusicPro brand – clearer fonts and colours
- Get more regular updates and quicker replies to your forum questions with improved push and notifications
- 1-click to start a new forum post. Just click the [+] at the top right when you login
- Auto capitalisation in the forums
- Fixed a bug that could delete a forum post when autocorrect was accidentally clicked
- Badge app icon notifications clear when viewing all notifications in the feed
- Faster access to many website pages
- Release of member discount access to the Piano Pivot Live Virtual Lounge with full access to 10+ hours of on-stage recordings of our PPL2020 recordings from Melbourne. More here: pianopivotlive.com/virtual. Member discount code in the Forums.
- Redeveloped the site search for more intuitive searching and more clarity of search results. Search results now grouped by type of resource with Courses at the top for quick reference.
- Added infinite scroll to academy pages so that when you scroll to the bottom, the page will automatically reload the next set of resources without you having to click through multiple “pages” of content.
- Updates to Annual Renewal notices. We’ve had a number of members let us know that they haven’t been receiving annual renewal reminders so we’ve been working to setup new notifications and message on the dashboard when there’s 30 days until your automatic annual renewal so that you can be better prepared and update your credit card/payment details, etc. as required.
- Resources in the Academy have been re-organised into clearer categories such as ‘expert interviews’, ‘technology tutorials’, and ‘workshops’.
- New Branding – The Inner Circle has now changed its name to Top Music Pro. The branding across the site has now changed with new logos, colours and fonts. You’ll notice that videos will still have the old logo animation, but these will be updated for all new resources in 2020.
- Member Dashboard – More recent topics are displayed on the Member Dashboard. The news feed has also been extended to include a greater number of recent posts.
- Member Directory – Tim is always getting asked for teacher recommendations for students around the world. Formerly, the only way to connect enquirers with members is through the forums, but this has changed now that we have released our free Member Directory. It allows you to be found by parents around the world, if you choose to opt-in. The first part of this release is the new “Members Near Me” menu in TopMusicPro where you can connect with members in your area. Once members opt-in to this internal Member Directory, we’ll release the public TopMusicPro Teacher Directory early in 2020.
- Added “Resume Where You Left Off” in Dashboard. We’ve added a new section at the top of your dashboard providing quick links back to courses and training that you’ve started but not completed.
- Music Teacher Start Up – more and more members have been asking me to teach them about how I built my online profile and business and to share some of those secrets with them, so that they can apply what I’ve learnt to selling their own music, books, online courses, physical products and maybe even memberships as well! Covering marketing, technology, building products, feedback, research, advertising, etc. this is be a comprehensive course that is offered as an add-on to membership. Find out more here.
- Repertoire Detective – We’ve added a database of all the best music that members are using with full search functionality, links to purchase/download and videos to watch the pieces performed. Unlike anything currently available, this is a game-changer for piano teachers. Fully mobile responsive, you can search by category or the kind of student you’re looking to find music for – adult, teen, transfer students, etc.
- New TopMusicPro Website: We have released a complete update to the main members’ website in January to make it easier to find things, to enable you to track your progress more simply and to see all of your resources “at a glance”.
- We’ve added a new Member Dashboard, to make it easy to see where you’re at with your courses and training as soon as you login
- There’s a totally new menu system to make finding things easier
- We’ve increasing the speed of the site and improving our tracking to show you more relevant content when you need it
- We’ve added map geolocation so that you can see other members in your area and connect with them
- Many other usability and content enhancements
- 5-day Piano Pivot – the pivot returns in 2019 for teachers looking to make lasting change in their studios in 2019. We take you through a 5-day program looking at you, your students, your business, your music and pull everything together into a plan of action for the next year. Stay tuned for more information.
- TopMusicPro Members’ App: The App is now LIVE.
- This app will make it super easy (and FAST) to post and reply in the forums, to track your course progress and access all your course videos and lesson plans
- Quickly see what’s been going on as soon as you login
- Get push notifications for topics and forums that interest you
- Access your resources ‘on the fly’ whether you’re out and about or teaching
- New Podcasts now available in IC resource library: You can now quickly find podcasts, search for them by topic and access transcript and downloads without entering your email and other details.
- New Regional Groups: Members will be automatically added into groups with other teachers in their region. This makes is easier for you to connect with other teachers, organise meetings, find out about workshops and discuss local events/issues.
- Web Desktop Notifications: this new feature will notify you about new replies on your topics or if someone mentions you with a “desktop notification” and you have also a Notifications badge in the top-right avatar menu. This will help you to stay in the loop for all things piano teaching!
- New Resource Library: totally new interface released with upgraded filtering functionality, making it much easier to find exactly what you want. Search by category of resource (eg. webinar, workshops, teaching video) and/or by subject (teens, group teaching, marketing, etc.).
- Speed Upgrade: various speed and usability enhancements. You’ll access resources quicker than ever without pesky loading times.
- Search Box: if you are looking for something around the site and feel lost, with this new search box you can simply type it in and find it!
- New Mobile Menu: Mobile User Experience was improved: click the “hamburger” icon to access the navigation links on your mobile device. Better visibility and usability. This feature will make it even easier for you to consume IC resources when you’re away from the computer!
- Forums Tagging system revamp: when you are writing a new topic or a reply, now you can tag a member by typing @ followed by a member’s name or username. A progress indicator will keep you company while the server is doing its thing. This makes it easier to engage with the community and to learn from other expert teachers.
- Help button: clicking on this button will give you access to all the support you need! General website support, TopMusicPro support, and you can also contact us if you have any kind of problems. We’ll be glad to help you!
- New Member Checklist: on the sidebar can you now see a nice new widget. Here you can find 5 challenges: beat them all to earn new profile badges. Completing these will ensure you’re getting involved with the community and getting the most out of your membership.
- New Favorites feature: you can now save posts, pages, courses, lessons and more as “favorite” items. You can manage your favorite list and pin some items to top. This will make it quicker and easier to find your ‘go-to’ resources, always handy at the top of the site’s sidebar.
- Studio Growth Roadmap: this is a big new feature! The purpose of this roadmap is to guide you through the complete process of creating a successful piano teaching studio, one step at a time. This approach will give you confidence knowing you’ve covered all bases. You can take the “getting started” quiz or just choose a stage to get started. Best of all, you can ‘start driving’ from anywhere in the roadmap!
- Roadmap progress indicator: a progress indicator will show you all the Roadmap lessons that you are taking and how many steps are missing to completion! This will help you to organise areas you still need to work on.
- Mark Complete/Incomplete buttons: it is now possible to ‘Mark Complete’ and ‘Mark Incomplete’ topics and lessons within courses. It’s perfect to keep your course progress organised, so you know what lessons you’ve followed and what you still need to complete.